such a problem, as the refrigerant leakage, faced by many drivers.The thing is, this is not enough that expensive, and even dangerous for the engine.So if you notice that the liquid level in the tank decreases rapidly, ie leaves antifreeze, an urgent need to take appropriate action.What could be the reasons for this phenomenon and how to remedy the situation, cover in this article.
Prevention of engine failure
In order to avoid damage to the engine due to loss of coolant should be checked periodically all nodes of the system for potential leaks.Of course, be sure to monitor the level of coolant in the reservoir.When the engine is running it in any case should not be below the MIN.Signs that goes antifreeze may be the following factors:
- not working stove.
- liquid level in the tank drops periodically.
- overheated engine or the temperature does not rise to operating.
slight decrease or increase the level of antifreeze in the heating or cooling of the engine - the phenomenon is quite normal.If
Integrity Check cooling system components
In case of leakage inspection system should be carried out in the following sequence:
- Check housing expansion tank for cracks.
- Inspect the engine radiator.
- Check the radiator heater.
- Inspect the thermostat housing.
- Check all connections and pump cylinder.In addition, you should inspect the drainage hole pump.If a leak is detected, it means that wear of the seal.
Possible problems with the radiator
reason that antifreeze out of the expansion tank is depressurized cooling system components.The most common problem with the radiator.Damage to the structure of this element may be the result of external physical effects (eg, the breakdown of the stone).Can also be worn plate, which is constantly destructive acts ethylene glycol contained in antifreeze.Some radiators may be equipped with a plastic tank.Latest in the event of loss of antifreeze should also be checked.Over time, the plastic begins to crack.
damage heat exchanger
You should also find out where it goes antifreeze.In the event that the cabin there is an unpleasant smell, and under the dashboard constantly spreads sticky spot, it means that the cause of the leak, most likely in the radiator.In this case, the salon is also usually white steam.To eliminate this kind of problem should start immediately.The fact that the vapors are toxic antifreeze.
cause of the leak - tightness of the loss of pump
In that case, if the oil goes into the anti-freeze, it could be in the stuffing box pump.In order to check the serviceability of its work, it is necessary to conduct a thorough inspection.The pump is installed at the bottom of the engine, and if in close proximity to it are wet spots, the problem is in it.
If the antifreeze out, the reasons may be depressurization thermostat.It is also necessary to carefully check for leaks.Usually the reason pads.In addition, the motor can overheat and malfunction of this element.Determine how the assembly works properly, it is easy.
circulation of fluid in the small and large circle check to the touch - the temperature of the hose and fittings.In good cooling system thermostat valve is closed as long as the temperature of the coolant reaches a certain value (in LADA Priora - up to 90 grams).This antifreeze is circulated in a small circle.Therefore, the radiator and cooler hose at the bottom of the thermostat housing.When heating antifreeze up to 90 g valve begins to open slowly and the flow of hot fluid to enter the radiator.The latter result is gradually heated.Fully open the valve at a temperature of 102 ° C.The entire antifreeze begins to flow through the radiator.At the touch of the upper part of the bottom is hot.
engine should be left to work as long as the fan does not work the radiator.It is necessary to monitor the temperature gauge.Once she comes to the edge of the red zone, the fan should turn on.When it shuts down the cooling liquid.
Breakthrough hose and pipe damage
Antifreeze may also leak through the damaged hose or through a depressurized pipe.Very often this is the reason that he was leaving the old antifreeze in cars.The fact that the hose material with time begins to age and crack.From the pressure of the fluid, he could easily burst.Fixing to the compound also weakens over time.Therefore, in order to avoid trouble, the hoses in domestic cars should be changed at least once every 5 years, and foreign cars - once in 10 years.To fix should not use belt clips, and screw, because they have a much greater reliability.
determine what is to blame for the leak in the hoses may be inspecting the floor in the presence of antifreeze spots.Sometimes the damage can not be too serious and imperceptible to the eye.In order to detect such a small leak, the hose must first be dried and then a little pogazovat and stop the engine.Next, make careful inspection.The problem of loss of coolant can be exacerbated during the cold season.The fact that the lower the temperature, the lower its viscosity.Therefore, anti-freeze in the winter and go faster.
Perform this operation only after full cooling of the engine.Otherwise easy to obtain steam burn.Replacement pipe is as follows:
- from the cooling system is drained fluid.At the same time it is best to take a clean container.Antifreeze may be used repeatedly.
- old clamps are coated with a small amount of oil (low viscosity).
- To disconnect the tube, loosen the clamps and slide along on an empty seat.
- Thereafter nozzle is removed from the neck.Hot system can not disconnect.Since the neck of the radiator does not differ special durability, all operations must be carried out as gently as possible.Sometimes it happens that the tube can not be removed.We should first try to crank it.If this does not have to cut it with a sharp knife along the neck.It should in any case it is cheaper radiator.
- put on the new pipe clamps and shift them to the middle.
- Then pull on his neck.In that case the tube is not worn, it is necessary for some time into hot water.No oil with the use is not recommended.The fact that they can damage the rubber.
- Socket completely pull the neck, making sure that it is not twisted.
- Clamps shift the tabs and tighten.
break pads or damaged partitions
This case can be described as the most serious.In case of damage inside the engine antifreeze begins to flow into the oil.To determine the occurrence of this problem is simple.The liquid in the tank begins to bubble, and the oil appears whitish mixture.You can also look at the exhaust.In this case, white visible evaporation antifreeze.If anti-freeze in the engine goes, the reason may be damaged, internal partitions or sleeve or breakout pads.
How to pour antifreeze
Of course, before you start replacing the worn-out elements of the cooling system must be drained of antifreeze.Do this as follows:
- First of all, be sure to switch off the engine and let it cool.If you do not, when you open the lid pair of antifreeze welling out under pressure, and you'll get burned.
- After the engine cools down, stop the tank lid open.
- Disassemble lower trim cover.
- under the engine will need to supply a wide tray for receiving antifreeze.
- Take off lower radiator hose water.
The four-cylinder engine on the left side must be removed thick hose and thin, leading to the heating system.Then you can start to drain.In shestitsilindorovom engine block on the bottom unscrew the screw plug.
In no case can not pour antifreeze down the drain.The fluid is very toxic.Therefore, it is poured into a separate container and put into recycling.
Thus, if the antifreeze out, it is necessary to conduct a thorough check of all components and parts of the cooling system for leaks.Decayed elements should be replaced immediately.Similar problems may eventually lead to the need for expensive engine repair, and in some cases are even dangerous to health.